HEALTH & WELLNESS DEPARTMENT
MMF Minister of Health
Ms. Marielee Nault
I am proud to be an elected Board member and the Minister of Health for MMF. I have worked directly with my department over my last three terms in office to develop the department’s vision and strategies. My goal continues to be promoting health and wellbeing for all Metis citizens. The Metis-specific knowledge we develop will be used to advise health and other systems so that they can adapt their programs and services to better meet your needs.
Our Vision: A well Metis community in Manitoba The MMF Health & Wellness Department is focused on the following four Key Strategies:
1. Metis Culture-Based Holistic Wellness Strategy
This strategy is aimed at achieving wellness for the Metis population in Manitoba through initiatives that are consistent with the holistic philosophy of life.
2. Metis Health Capacity-Building Strategy
This strategy entails the recruitment, development and retention of a highly qualified mix of university funded researchers and government funded management and program staff.
3. Metis Health Research Strategy
This strategy will produce a variety of knowledge based on research, Metis citizen voice, MMF Region social and economic programs and services, Regional Health Authority health program and services, associated literature, and discussion from Region Knowledge Networks.
4. Metis Health Knowledge Authority Strategy
This strategy involves the development of the MMF Health & Wellness Department as the ‘go-to’ place for knowledge about Metis health. It also means the department will be respected, trusted, and influential to ensure that Metis have improved health and improved access to appropriate health and social programs.
Last Updated (Thursday, 14 June 2012 09:45)
- Southeast MMF Newsletter - March 2013
- Canada's Metis Partner Given Cold Shoulder in Federal Budget of Inaction
- Manitoba Métis Urge Clean Environment Commission to Withhold Recommendation on Bipole III Transmission Project
- Louis Riel Day
- MEDO nominated for Spirit Award
- Manitoba Métis Put Manitoba Hydro On Notice About Bipole III - MMF President Testifies at Clean Environment Commission
- MMF President David Chartrand to Receive Honorary Law Degree
- Current State of Metis Law in Canada
- Metis Are Open for Business
- UWinnipeg first to offer Youth In Care Tuition Waivers
- Métis Nation a long way from reconciliation; Efforts continue for recognition and compensation for Métis residential and day school survivors