The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing political representative for the Metis people of Manitoba. The MMF was founded in 1967 by a group of forward-thinking Metis who realized that it was necessary to stand up and fight for the rights of the Metis people of Manitoba. Forty-one years later, the MMF has grown to over 200 staff throughout the province and has successfully promoted, protected and advanced the political, social and economic interests of its members.
The Federation negotiates with the provincial and federal governments to access funding to provide services to the Metis people of Manitoba.
To download your PDF copy of the Manitoba Metis Federation Constitution, please click on the following link.
>> MMF Constitution
Last Updated (Thursday, 20 May 2010 10:22)
- Southeast MMF Newsletter - March 2013
- Canada's Metis Partner Given Cold Shoulder in Federal Budget of Inaction
- Manitoba Métis Urge Clean Environment Commission to Withhold Recommendation on Bipole III Transmission Project
- Louis Riel Day
- MEDO nominated for Spirit Award
- Manitoba Métis Put Manitoba Hydro On Notice About Bipole III - MMF President Testifies at Clean Environment Commission
- MMF President David Chartrand to Receive Honorary Law Degree
- Current State of Metis Law in Canada
- Metis Are Open for Business
- UWinnipeg first to offer Youth In Care Tuition Waivers
- Métis Nation a long way from reconciliation; Efforts continue for recognition and compensation for Métis residential and day school survivors